A message from the CEO
As you are aware, Villa Dalmacia continues to follow WA health advice regarding ongoing COVID-19 precautions. We have been practicing visiting restrictions to maintain the safety of both your loved ones and our staff. With the relaxing of WA’s borders over the weekend we wanted to take this opportunity to remind everyone of the guidelines when visiting Villa Dalmacia and to thank you for your continued support during this ongoing situation.
As we have already witnessed, the relaxing of the border has already been tested by the situation arising in South Australia. As I write it looks as though the hard border will be reintroduced to SA and 14 day self-quarantine will be reintroduced if entering WA from that state as well as NSW and Victoria. It’s very easy to forget that this virus still poses a huge threat to our residents and staff should we start to see locally acquired infection levels in WA. With this in mind, please make sure you take the time to refresh your understanding of our visiting arrangements.
As well as these precautions, we ask that anybody that has returned to WA from interstate please wait 14 days before visiting Villa Dalmacia. If you are only here for a short amount of time and really want to visit a resident, please call us prior to making a visit so we can ensure the safety of everyone.
Thank you for your continued help and support over the past 7 months. With your help, we have managed to minimise the risk to everyone at Villa Dalmacia and long may that continue.
When coming to visit we ask that you follow these guidelines and help in keeping your loved ones safe;
9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
9am to 4pm Saturday and Sunday
When signing in:
- Please provide us with a 2020 Influenza Vaccination Certificate if not already done so
- Sign into the visitor’s log
- Have your temperature taken (to be below 37.3)
If you have travelled overseas or interstate in the past 14 days OR have any of the following symptoms you will not be allowed to visit:
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of smell
- Loss of taste
- A maximum of 2 people can visit a resident per day in their room at one time. You will be able to visit for a maximum of 2 hours.
- A maximum of 20 visitors in the building at any one time. If you arrive and we have the maximum visitors in the building, you will be required to wait until somebody leaves.
- All visitors must come to the main entrance and will have to go through the standard health check questions and travel screening before each visit.
- All visitors must have provided proof of their flu vaccination.
- We would prefer that children under the age of 16 continue to stay away but if a visit by a child is essential, please contact us to discuss.
- Continue to maintain social distancing at 1.5m and please refrain from physical contact.
- Hand sanitizer is to be used when entering and exiting the facility and before entering any rooms.
- You are not permitted to visit other residents or visit communal areas (Dining rooms, kitchen, Activity rooms etc.)
We know this is difficult but please help us to continue to stay safe
How to keep in contact
If you are unable to come and visit in person we do offer other options for keeping in contact with you loved ones. We understand just how important it is that family are able to speak to each other and see each other on a regular basis.
Because of this we can offer;
- Facetime / Skype – for anyone who is wanting to do a video call we are able to do this with either facetime or skype. All you need to do is call the office on 9418 5222 to book in a time and we will get it organised for a time that suits you.
- Phone Calls – for those residents who do not have a phone in their room or a mobile you are still able to speak to them on the phone buy calling the office and asking to speak to your loved one.
- Mail – anyone who wants to write letters or send cards to keep up to date is encouraged and we are happy to assist anyone who wants to do this.
Villa Dalmacia Aged Care
27 Gorham Way
Tel: (08) 9418 5222
email: [email protected]